Friday, January 21, 2011

Kittens to Cats


Last weekend I woke up to find all three of my beautiful feline babies sprawled out on my bed [feat. crushing off any blood circulation in my legs]. Aside from the numbness setting into my feet, I couldn't help by tear up a bit when I looked down @ mah Mowgli, Hermanita & Baberz as they snoozed away on the lifeless slabs of flesh I once called my legs.

I was hit with a sense of pride that I hadn't somehow killed them within their lifespan they had all matured from cutie pie boobaloo kitten-totz into a full-fledge meow festival cat parade army brigade! Since I suction violently onto any chance to reminiscent and be nostalgic [feat. a hint of reflective meloncholy] I started looking through some old pix. And look what the fuck I found...



Yes...I know. Your eyes instantly esssplode too? Back when I graduated college (Spring 2008), I moved into mah friend Shawn's house and wiffin the first two w33ks, we acquired two tiny day-old bundlez of kitten joy. My prezzzzious Mowgli & Hermanita were once sooooo small that you could fit both of them in the palm of your mano!


But alas, baby animalz can't always remain itty bitty enough to fit into a boot. They grow up! And just like a motha has to watch her infant child get older [feat. force that greedy mouf to quit the nip!], I watched my unstoppable kitten duo evolve, grow and eventually start sexifying each other like dirrty effing whorez mate to create more felinez to fill the world wiff!


They are gonna be thr33 yearz young which is prox 27 in cat yearz [aka I made that up] this May...look how far they've come!!


Just like their adopting daddy Hermanita & Mowgli LURRRVE spending their weekend mawningz lounging in bed, listening to pop music and blogging about shiz no one givez a fart about. But they haven't just carried on my personality and given me companionship in timez of utter overdramatic, self-imposed loneliness [read as: 90% of mah time], they've also given me another fluffball on unimaginable joy to squeeze and smother with my overbearing obsession love...

...Baberz!!!

I know that many of you [read as: Jere & Polt] might find this post tedious/pointless/melodramtic, but waking up that morning, drowning in a sea of of cats that I myself raised, really got my weak little heart a-chug-a-lugging into overtime. I leave y'all now with three of mah favorite things in the entire world: Fla-Vor-Ice, Dreamgirls & "Regerishonishes" Mowgli, Hermanita & Baberz!



11 comments:

Jere Keys said...

But did you hear that Keith Olbermann is no longer on MSNBC? To me, that's like learning Paula was leaving American Idol.

Michelle M. said...

Aw, what cute little kitties. Almost makes me want a cat.

Tam said...

They are adorable. I always end up as the cat bed at the horse barn. There are two adorable tots there and they love to sit on my lap top keyboard (I'm hoping they'll write a best selling book as they trot around on there) but then I can usually convince them to curl up on my legs.

My kids are WAY to big to even fit one of them on my legs let alone two. This morning though I woke up to both in bed with me which is rare since they hate each other's guts. But when the kid is away Max gets lonely and depending on how bad Vanessa wants to be with me, they will use me as a buffer in the middle, one each side so they don't have to "touch" or nothing. I do like cats, and dogs and rabbits and llamas. I like all animals.

Justin said...

@Jere -- hatez that Olbermann news :(

@Tam -- "horse barn"?

@Josh -- baberz is beyond adorable. Our Blakeney looks a lot like him actually! :)

Adam said...

yay I love cats!

anne marie in philly said...

teh kittehs!

my meredith likes to prop her back up against mine during sleepytime.

thanks for sharing your children's photos with us!

Tam said...

My daughter rides Justin so I spend several hours a week at the barn in the country.

Anonymous said...

You have to love cats, you grew up with them! How much we loved Sam, Renoir, Spot, and crazy Max! Your 3are so precious. I think Baberz looks so much like my Jack
CATS RULE! But bunnies are excellent too (says Hazel).

Love mom

Chris D. said...

Cute kitties. You and Shawn should be very proud of how they have turned out.

hoteltuesday said...

I LOVE YOUR CATS AND THEY LOVE ME BACK. Yay Shawn!

Ray Avito said...

I totally want to give them a scratchy under their chinny chin chins...