Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Musical ABCs! - K

Here we are folkz! Another round of Musical ABCs! Aren't you foaming @ the mouf with joy?! I know I am but it's largely cuz I gotz myself some ginger cookies con leche! Let's try and kick up the kraptastically kruddy komment kount we've had in recent weekz. Keep kalling out your favorite songs that Mr. K startz off for ya!

"Konstantine" by Something Corporate


"I'm slipping in between you and your big dreams."

My choice for dis week's Musical ABC is for deferishonishes the most epic song to be featured in my alphabeta-selectionz. It's prox 32 hourz [read as: 9-10 minz] long & is basically the psuedo-emo pop-punk band Something Corporate's opus. I first heard this painfully depresso espresso tune back when I was a freshman in college, and each line was respectively worn-out as instant messenger away messages.


I love to cry (probably the 439,583rd time I've said this on mah blog) and this song is just one gargutuan tear factory. Start blasting dis shiz and I need three jumbo towels to mop up the lake that forms out of my salty eye waterz. When I started my creative writing minor, I'd listen to SoCo (as the kewl kiddoz call them) all the time, especially "Konstantine." Cuz what better way to write effectively relatable yet endearingly personal werdingz than by listening to a band who specializez in such a songwriting style? I even tried to learn it on the piano. Then I realized that it is waaaaay beyond my capable talentz (largely cuz I don't got no capable talentz).

It's one of mah favo songz ever and is best listened to right after your heart is broken, while you stare @ long-long-ago fotografias of you and your ex-significant other with half a bottle of wine in your gut and enough tissues to clog the San Andreas Fault (trust me...I know from experience). Then you awake from your "Konstantine"-coma, call up your best grrrlfriendz and eat pint after pint of Ben & Jerry's [aka sadness medicine]. Broken heart mended!



runners-up:

"Kids" by MGMT
"Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars
"Knock Down Walls" by Tonic
"Ken Lee" by Valentina Hasan

10 comments:

Craig said...

I'm shocked by how few K songs I have on my iPod! I'm gonna have to go with Keep Holding On by either Avril Lavigne (where did she go?) and/or Glee Cast!

john said...

Kawanga: Los Straightjackets
Keeps Getting Better: Christina Aguilera
Kenya Dig It: Ruby Suns
King: Belly
Kiss The Honey, Honey: Shinjuku Zulu
Koi Da Panikku: Doko

Michelle M. said...

"Karma Police" Radiohead
"Kiss of Life" Supergrass
"Killer" Seal
"Kid Charlemagne" Steely Dan
"Knowing Me, Knowing You" ABBA
"Killing Me Softly With His Song" Roberta Flack

Why did you cross of KEN LEE??!!

Ryan said...

I love Konstantine along with everything Andrew McMahon related.

Keep On Movin' ~ Five
Keeping Secrets! ~ In Fition
Kick Some Ass ~ Stroke 9
The Kids Aren't Alright ~ The Offspring
Kids in Love ~ Mayday Parade
Kiss Me ~ Robbie Williams

Anonymous said...

This is a tough one, not many "K" songs.
Hey anne marie!! Hope you can come up with more than I could. Here's mine so far:

"Killing me Softly" by Roberta Flack
"Knocking on Heavens Door" Bob Dylan
"Killer Queen" by Queen
"Katy Lied" by Steely Dan
"Kid Charlemagne" by Steely Dan
"Katmandu" by Cat Stevens
"Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down
"Kodachrome" by Simon and Garfunkel
"Kiss the Day Goodbye" from "A Chorus Line"

That's it so far, I may be back with more!

Love, mom

Craig said...

Okay, just checked my iTunes and A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow from A Mighty Wind is filed under K so I'm gonna add that because I love that song so darn much and just having an Avril Lavigne song is pretty pathetic.

Dave2 said...

"Kamikaze" and "King for a Day" by Thompson Twins.
"Kingdom" by Dave Gahan
"Kiss of Death" by New Order

hoteltuesday said...

Favorites:
"Kremlin Dusk" by Utada Hikaru
"Kaleidoscope Heart" by Sara Bareilles

Others:
"Knocked Up" by Kings of Leon
"Kind of Woman" by Stevie Nicks
"The Kindler Burns" by I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business
"Kiss Me Fool" by Fefe Dobson

anne marie in philly said...

(waves to josh's mom) hey girlfriend! let's see whatcha think of MY list!

keep on loving you - reo speedwagon
keeper of the castle - 4 tops
keep your hands to yourself - georgia satellites
kiss - prince
karma chameleon - culture club
knocked out - paula abdul
kokomo - beach boys
kicks - paul revere & the raiders

damn, this is a hard letter!

Delisa said...

"Keep Breathing" - Ingrid Michaelson
"Kids" - MGMT
"Kids With Guns" - Gorillaz
"The Kill" - 30 Seconds to Mars
"King Without A Crown" - Matiyahu
"Kiss From A Rose" - Seal
"Knights Of Cydonia" - Muse

Not too many good "K" songs in my itunes. But I think that's a solid list lol