Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The dog days are...JUST STARTING!


I've never been a huge dog fan. Not only am I mildly immensley frightened of getting mauled to death by a pitbull/great dane/Cujo, but I'm also opposed to caninez largely cuz most dawg-enthusiasts I know make it a point to venemously spatter non-stop about their hatred for my favorite animal, CATS. Then I spew my dizzgust towards dogs which irritates them in return and then they do it again to me and it turnz into a vicious sick cycle carousel.

But today, ladiez & choloz, I break the cycle! For I have finally found a dog that I can call mah own [aka visit occasionally]. Mah dearest friendz Mariel & Jamie invited me over last week to watch Teen Mom & Glee while partaking in some culinary delacies ala their kitchen.

And while we had a great time together [not feat. the trite, bullshittingly awful episode of Glee], the real highlight of mah visit was finally meeting M & J's adorably pristine pupparoni, Penelope!!!

She's a dachshund (which is my favorite kind of dog!!!!!), and is so sweet and peppy and heart-meltingly precious that I am making the official statement that I no longer hate doggiez! YAY!

To celebrate this breakthrough in my life, here is a video of Penelope being awesome. WARNING: Your eyes might turn to gold...that's how rich her existence will make you feel!

13 comments:

Chris D. said...

That was a cute video! I'm not much of a dog guy either. However on occasion they can be fun to visit.

Dave2 said...

I'm a dog guy, and would love to have a German Shepherd to be my bestest friend in the universe, but I have to work long hours and travel a lot, so I (sadly) remain dogless.

Michelle M. said...

That puppy is super cute. Every once in awhile I think about getting a dog. But then I see something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZ_pkAu3TQ&feature=related

Mel said...

Wire-haired dachshunds do generally have better dispositions than smooth-coated ones. Still, I've never met a dachshund half as wonderful as my Tuck.

Mariel said...

Thank you, Uncle Josh for giving me my You Tube debut!

Love,

Penelope aka "Penny" aka "Queen of the Universe" aka "I'm filled with wonder and glitter"

Polt said...

Yay for Penelope! Cute little dogs are made up of sheer awesomesauce! :)

HUGS...

john said...

Where's my stapler? She totally had the look of "Bitch, what the hell do you think you are doing with my bone?" at the :22 mark.

I do love me some doggies and I'm not fond of cats, but that is allergy based. Having recently lived with a smooth coat wiener dog, I will say they are cute as hell. With that said, no doggies for me for a while, my life is too busy. I do, however, see more bunnies in my life.

David said...

Showed this to my co-workers, who are now in love with Penelope.

Anonymous said...

Penelope is sooooooo cute! You know I'm a cat person, but I don't dislike dogs. I don't know if you remember this, but back when we lived in the blue house, we were seriously thinking about adopting a greyhound. Wouldn't Sam have loved that?!!!

Love, mom

tornwordo said...

I thought YOU were the queen, LOL. Cute city, but boy oh boy are puppies a handful. King George would like to court m'lady.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! In the future, I do want to have a dog. When I was walking past the drop-off, pick up area at the elementary school today, I passed a waiting car with the most adorable golden lab puppy I have ever seen. I actually made eye contact with the little fella and he (or she?) started to wag it's little tail and turned around to watch me pass. It was all I could do to not reach through the open window and take him/her for my own! A gold or black lab just happens to be the dog that I want the most.


-Cindy

hoteltuesday said...

Monkaloon?? I thought that term of endearment was reserved for Baberz??? Solomon scratched my leg last night while I was sleeping so I threw him over the ledge and out of my loft. Whatever, he probz landed on his feet.

madtexter (corey james) said...

Awwww...Penelope is cuuuuuuute! I've had a lot of bonding time with my three little hellions (er, I mean dachshunds)...AND our two cats.

Hubz is away in NYC working, and I'll be moving there to join him in a couple weeks. But until then, I am the only dog whisperer in the house.