Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'll be your teenage dream?

Right behind being poked by ugo pervy strangerz, exez stalking your shit & drowning in a tidal wave of Farmville updatez, the most terrifying thing that all of us Facebook userz worry about on a daily basis is the unexpected and dreaded tagging of unflattering photos of ourselvez from back during our uglier younger yearz. It can happen @ any moment and takez no prisoners.

And you're stuck...if you keep yourself tagged, you have to live with your cyberself being forever marred by your adolescent awkwardness. If you de-tag yourself, you're a party pooping wuss that takez yourself way too supa serial. I was torn...I was all out of faith. Yeah that was how I felt when mi amiga de high school, Jordan, posted some old skool photoz of me online.

I might have had joy and had fun and had seasonz in da sun, but I for def def defferz looked like a burnt pile of trash most of the time during high school. And after I picked mis nalgaz off of the floor and wiped the resentful tearz from my eyez, I started looking through my personal photo collection from the olden yearz [read as: 6 aƱos ago], and found the following picture of myself [feat. my friend Val's mom in the background! YAY PAULA!] from my high school graduation:


Aside from the immense pride I feel from having been able to wear the same shirt for both mah high school AND college graduation, I must admit that I don't think there is a single photo of my sourpuss in existence where I look happier than I do in dis photo right herre. I got all philosophical and held the pictura up to the mirror and spent half an hour analyzing the wayz in which my face had changed (HINT: It got meaner, more corrupted + the bagz unda mis ojoz have doubled in size).

After I convinced myself to deglue my gaze from the mirror, I thought it would be cool to ask all you bloggy folkz to post photos of yourselves back when you were silly little school chillunz. So post a link to an ole-timey photo in the comment's section and let's all share and le sigh over how youthful and pure we once looked...


17 comments:

BOSSY said...

Lucky for Bossy she is not in her home state and can't meet this assignment with her own photo, but she loves you all the same, and your cuteness doesn't seem to change much through the years, she must say...

Mel said...

I had to go on FB and find an old yearbook foto somebody had tagged. My photo grey glasses lenses made me look way cooler than I ever actually was. The car belonged to our class alcoho...I mean, President. And now most of these peeps are fat and old, unlike myself.

Mel said...

Oh, whoops, forgot the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabezalana/5038481134/

callonmevalerie said...

HAHAHAHA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

(I saw that photo before I read it and I was like HAAHAH WHY IS MY MOM IN THAT PHOTO - aka clearly ignoring her daughter who just graduated high school).

I'm not posting any photos of me from high school because I was a fat monster.

Dave2 said...

Cruelty! Why do you torture me so?

Here's me waaaay back in 1986! Note the emo long hair.

And if that wasn't enough torture for you, here are some more. And if that doesn't go back far enough for you, here are some from when I was a baby and too adorable for words.

Delisa said...

Um... I look exactly the same! I don't think I've aged in like 8 years *sigh

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2880&fbid=1002231379497&op=73&o=global&view=global&subj=1336200039&id=1336200039

john said...

Back when I was a little bun: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Auc2buy/PIC_0012.jpg

Me as a tiny tot: http://members.cox.net/jeliot/jp.png

anne marie in philly said...

ain't you just the cutest little thing!

I don't have any of me...I burned all of them cause I hated my life before age 45. and to this day I am reluctant to have my pix taken.

sorry to be such a party pooper!

David said...

OK, you asked for it.

This is me at the beach, the day after graduation from high school:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/photo.php?pid=1348452&fbid=1479773950929&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=639853449&id=1131197804

Freshman year in college (still a teen):
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/photo.php?pid=2918126&fbid=114388266406&op=12&o=global&view=global&subj=639853449&id=654986406

With my two best high school friends at the time:
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/photo.php?pid=1348453&fbid=1479773990930&op=1&o=global&view=global

Polt said...

Aw, Josh was an adorable graduate. And I'm not even sure I still HAD any of the clothes I wore in high school when I graduated college!

I did a whole post years ago about Polt Through The Years (or something like that). Tons of baby/kid/teen photos there.

http://poltspalace.blogspot.com/2006/01/early-years-were-shroud-man.html

Please, ignore tha bad 70's clothes/hairstyles. Thanks.

HUGS....

that's J-O-S-H said...

Bossy: Pish...you probz looked like a model even back in your teenz. YOU'RE TIMELESS TO ME!

Mel: Wait...are you trying to tell me that you were budz with the Homecoming Court?! JELLERZ! I wish I was popplez in high school!

Val: C'mon Val, she clearly wantz to be in the same photo as a fellow English major. I'd let Paula school me Scrabble ANY day [aka I wouldn't have to LET her. She would win anywayz cuz she is smart and I'm a dopey asshole]!

Dave2: I ALSO lurrrved watermelonz when I was a tot! CUTE BABY.

Delisa: Your pic don't work (probably in a protected photo album...LAME). But you say you look the same, so I guess that meanz you were a beeeaaaauuuty queen back then too!

John: You sure changed a lot between those pix! I've heard of hoz losing a lot of weight or getting faceliftz and shit, but NEVER anyone jumping species!

Anne Marie: I'M NOT CUTE. I'm just pleased as razzleberry punch to be finally done with that butchery hell of high school.

David: You look like John Water in that second fotografia!!!!!!! LUCKY!

Poltz: Your face in the first photo (you as a wee little babaloooon) is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Well, aside from your outfit in your ten-year-old photo. :)

Michelle M. said...

How fun to see everyone when they were young and innocent. My scanner is not working, so by the time my pictures are up you'll be posting My Musical ABC's - R!

Tam said...

I don't seem to have any from my teen years. Well, there must be some, I remember photos from Europe but no clue where they are. These are from when I was a wee thing, maybe a year and a year and half and then maybe 8 or 9 at my birthday party. Bloody cold playing baseball. I was in the lovely green pants.

ME

Craig said...

Aw thats a cute picture! Though I do like you now better with the shorter hair.

Delisa said...

More like geek queen but thanks Josh!

madtexter (corey james) said...

Awww...who wouldn't love an adorable cutie like that!

I don't have a high school pix to share, but I do have one of me where I'm a couple years outta college. And yes, the face does change and rearrange!

http://www.madtexter.com/2010/08/facial-expressions-sadness.html

Milo said...

Oh classic pose! You look straight out of the cast of 'History Boys' in that pic.