Monday, August 23, 2010

My Monday Muse

Marcel the Shell

Shellz are kinda lame. Seriously...you go to the beach, stab your feet into bloody chunks with the jagged shards that jut outta da sand, and then you collect a bunch of dirty pieces and tell everyone how you're gonna make some wIcKeD JeWELrY with them, when in actuality you just put those cursed slabs of crustacean mediocrity into your beach bag where they sit for yearsuntil they are eventually crushed up into sea dust.

But then came along this weeks Monday Muse and mah opinion has changed. Exxxoskeletons will never be the same again...



Cutest thing eva? Quite possiblez! Almost makez you wish you were tiny enough to wear a lentil as a hat and ski about on toenails from a male, right?!

Sure, you won't be able to pick up crayonz and it would take your entire family to pen a salad party invitation to your friendz, but the delicate & fragile whining of your voice MORE than makez up for it!

Hang-gliding via Doritos? A dog made of lint? A raisin chair? All cheaper than the big fat human alternative!!! Who knew having one eye and no body could be so exciting!? Take my advice though and stay away from diamonds, brushes and soda (all deadly), and your life will a magically land of shrunken deeeeeelitez!



[P to da S: Kudoz to my amazin'skatez agent, Michelle, for hurling this sweet little niblet of adorableness into my gob!]

11 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

This reminds me of our friend!
I like the part about bubbles making him float to the ceiling. Willy Wonka?!

Chris D, said...

That was cute, fun and artsy. :)

Sometimes I don't think I am cool enough (in that modern aggressively glib ironic way) to fully appreciate some of your Monday Muses. I found this Monday's muse to be very accessible.

Michelle M. said...

This is you best Monday Muse EVER. I've seen this video approx. 3,000,000 times and it never gets old.

I love Marcel.

And I may have started a Marcel the shell group on facebook (because I love him the most). SO EVERYBODY JOIN ALREADY, or I'll impale you on a brush.

Dave2 said...

He should totally change his name to Marshell. That would make him even cuter.

Tam said...

Marcel is adorable. I love his lint dog and how it gets caught on the table leg. Too cute.

john said...

The lint dog and the fact that he answers questions before the interviewer has finished saying why kill me. "We won't fight unless we're provoked.

Naughty said...

Sweetie,

Marcel? FABADORABLE TIMES A GAHMILLION!!! I love that s/he is so completely assured of her/his self worth. And s/he has such laudable phone manners. Naughty wishes Marcel could coach some parents of horrid bibbies in the ways of genteel child-rearing. Naughty wonders if Marcel has a cousin who'd like to come for a visit. Naughty wishes that, at some point in her life, she had been in the presence of a diamond that could give her sunburn.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Marcel is way too cute! I want one!! I would even make sure he'd have a lint dog! He'd have to have his own cell phone account though, I have enough phones on my account.
Excellent one Josh!

Love, mom

adam said...

this is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Dionne Baldwin said...

This is the more adorable YouTube video I've ever seen. You know what they say? Lint is shells best friend. It's just priceless how he just keeps going on and on about his life! SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Marcel the Shell ftw. Honestly.