Saturday, June 26, 2010

Once you log-in with us...

So summertime [feat. the living is easy] is here, which not only meanz downing a tidal wave's worth of Fla.Vor.Ice, going to nude beachez and saying your name is Rich to girls that look like they're from Abercrombie & Fitch, it's also when a plethora of fun/goofy/campy party songz infiltrate the radio airwaves wiff their hypnotic beats and addictive lyrix! And this year's summer song is undoubtedly "California Gurls" by Katy Perry [feat. Snoop Dogg]. It's been the number uno song in America for three weeks now and has a "Fergalicious"- inspired Candy Land-inspired music video brimming with sweets and whipped cream boobiez and evil Gummi Bears!

And what happens when a song pierces the radio stratosphere and becomez a massive hit? It tunnels into our brains like a lobotomy where it plays on repeat for weeks on end Countless YouTube parodies pop up! And I think all of us bloggy nerdz can appreciate dis reworking of the track that feels custom-made for us! Please partake of "California Dorks":



Okay, so I don't know shit about Star Wars and Disneyland gives me infinity headachez, but dis is still mah current theme song! The ode to old skool Nintendo in the bridge won mah heart over! Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Mega Man, Donkey Kong and Castlevania all name-dropped in ten secondz?! SWOOOON!

Now if the song also referenced some of mah other nerdities [I.E. mah childhood obsession with Sailor Moon and the fact that I'd rather blog about doing schtuff than actually doing schtuff], it would become my life anthem!

And P to da S, I think the pale, scrawny singa [feat. facial scruff and big schnoz] is 10x cuter than the Teriyaki-toned lifeguard on the beach!

14 comments:

john said...

OK, I have to admit, not only is that song totally catchy, the video also has a pretty high production value. Plus that guy has cool hair. The lifeguard is totally judging him from his little station, but he is totally wrong. I may have to get this song.

And Josh, how did I not know you were into Sailor Moon? Which Sailor Scout were you or were you rockin' the Tuxedo Mask?

that's J-O-S-H said...

John: I LOVED Sailor Moon! My favo scout was Mercury cuz a) Her bubblez power was unique, sexxxy and differz unlike the played-out fire, thunder and light elements that ALWAYS get pimped out!; b) Her power was the most worthless, which made her in my eyes to be the underdog of the group, and we all know I have an affinity for underdogz!; and c) I LOVE grrrlz wiff blue pelo [see: "California Gurls" video]!

Anonymous said...

The video is cute and so is he. Nice pick Josh!

-Cindy

john said...

If I recall correctly, blue hair in anime is meant to denote intelligence. I wasn't a huge fan, but I've seen a few episodes. I always like Jupiter myself. Big girl, big planet, big thunder. What's not to like?

Michelle M. said...

Uh oh.
http://mmckee.net/pictures/avatar.jpg

Anonymous said...

I think this is a very catchy tune, I like it. I can also see how you identify with it Josh, all your favorite video games, how YOU is that! I like the singer too, he's cute, and pulls this video off well. So there are New Jersey dorks too, and they go to Six Flags instead of Disneyland!
Good one Josh!
Love, mom

adam said...

this NJ dork fears Six Flags! Rides = certain death!!

FLUX CAPACITORS, represent!

Ryan said...

I was just at In-N-Out last night (although I didn't get anything).

The singer is cute. I'd drive to LA to see him.

callonmevalerie said...

Yeah, that dude is hot. And now all I want to do is play fucking Duck Hunt. DAMMIT.

David said...

I'm old.

hoteltuesday said...

Will this guy marry me?? Or will he say he'll e-mail me, then never do it and break my heart like everyone else?!?!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Cindy: Right?! So CUTE! The scruff makes him IRRESISTIBLE!

Michelle: Are you trying to steal the man of mah dreamz from me?! I'm telling Sir Harry!

MOM: Yay for Six Flags and how it's marginally cheaper than Disney!

Adam: I've been there a few times and LOVE Medusa. But inexplicably I've been stricken wiff a huge fear of roller coasters since my last visit. Nuffin' bad happened, but I think I've ridden enough rolling coasters for one lifetime!

Ryan: In-and-Out Burger grosses me out due to it's name...is someone having sexual relationz with hamburger meatz?! SICK!

Val: Yay for old pixelated Nintendo! I never played Duck Hunt and am positive that finding a shooty gun controller that actually still worx might be harder to find than dat Holy Grail shit.

David: Not old...just deprived of any fun!

Enrico: Right? And the dork didn't even have to show us his p33n for us to faaaaaaaaaaaall in loooooove with(a) hiiiim!

Melody, Destroyer of Dreams said...

She is the one...SAILOR MOON!

callonmevalerie said...

We may still have the old Duck Hunt orange gun in storage somewhere. In storage, or in the trash, because my mom likes to save useless shit and throw away actual important stuff, like my childhood memories.