Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hit you like a rocket!

As you all should know, vocal gymnast and beauty queeeeeeeen extraordinaire, Christina Aguilera, just released her latest album yesterday! It's the fourth full studio album [not feat. pointless Christmas and Latin albumz] from the slutty sultry young lady who was honored as being the youngest entry in Rolling Stone's "Top 100 Greatest Singers of All Time"! It's called Bionic and as mah car [circa mah high school yearz back in 2004] clearly exemplifies, I ADORE Xtina! Therefore I for def def defferz had to pick it up the day it came out!

So after work yesterday, I hopped on the subway and rode a thousand miles up into Manhattan to go meet Mr. Pasteeeeeelnick for a romantic dinner to Best Buy and purchase the album. Of course I splurged an exxxtra four buckaroonz to get the DeLuXe version [feat. five bonus track and hologram mayhem cover art]!

Everyone is bugging a boo @ Xtina and saying that she's copying Lady GaGogglez, but I just roll mah ojoz @ those foolz & their lack of any pop culture knowledge whatsoeva. Christina's been kicking everyone's azz since 1998 and has more than validated her place in the poptastico world of current music.

Everyone wants to shovel Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Xtina and GaGogglez into some big lump of accusatory copycatting, but clearly each lady is aware of their place in the pop world and wouldn't be dumb enough to blatantly rip off someone else's style. I HATEZ how peepz tink Lady GaGogglez invented dancy pop music, when it's been around for decades. Each chica has their own niche in this bubblegum yum yum stratosphere, so don't talk shiz unless you know ur shiz, or else dis boy is gonna rub shiz in your face cuz dis boy knowz his shiz.

Anywayz...I find it thrilling to get an album from an artist I LURRRVE the day it comez out. What artistz do you choloz respect and support enough to buy their album the first day it's vagina-birfed into record stores?

11 comments:

Laura said...

Michelle Branch. Duh. With you. Remember that dumb bitch that was like "Why are you buying so many copies????" Because I write mostly on hotel paper.

Dave2 said...

Depeche Mode. The Pet Shop Boys. Matt & Kim. Keane. The Rosebuds. The Killers. The Weepies. Röyksopp. And too many others...

Mel said...

Nah, not really. Not that I haven't bought CDs on their day of release, but I always figure they'll still be there when I can get around to it (aka, I'm able to afford it).

Michelle M. said...

So is Bionic good??? How does it compare to Stripped (my favorite of her albums)?
Off the top of my head - Sarah Mclachlan. And any album from joshrico.

Tam said...

*shrug* I dunno. I'm not the music fan you are.

I did hear this on the radio yesterday though and I immediately thought of Joshrico. It should be your theme song. (I can only find the acoustic version because the "official" one has been removed from YouTube."

madtexter (corey james) said...

I usually buy every Madonna album the day it's released, and the date is forever emblazoned on ma brain. Unfortunately, because she's had so many albums I have a head full of dates that I think are birthdays of people I know and I panic because I can't remember if it's a birthday or an album release date I'm thinking of.

I hate it too when people compare the latest round of pop ladies to each other. Those are usually the people who don't listen the music anyway.

john said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure I have ever purchased a cd on release date. I love me some music, but I just don't think I've been that excited by a album to get it the day it is released.

Naughty said...

Sweetie,

There are books that Naughty has kicked and clawed for on release date, but no CDs. I don't mind pop music at all - - there's quite a lot that I really love; however, it doesn't rock Naughty's world like the next book in a fabulous series can. . .

hoteltuesday said...

I love XTina! But this is my least fave of her albums.

I'm getting Miley's CD TOMORROW WHEN IT COMES OUT! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well honey, I'm really going to age myself with this one. Back in the day we of course only had record albums, no tapes or cd's. And that was when FM radio had continuous music, and when a new album was due to be released, they would not only say the release date, but they would play the entire album, uninterupted. Does anybody else out there remember this? I'm probably the oldest one to comment on your blog. Anyway, I would hot-foot it down to the record store on the day every Cat Stevens album was released. But the time I most could not wait to get to the store was the day The Beatles White Album was due to be released! Unfortunatly, everyone else had the same idea, and they were already sold out! I went right away to other stores, they were all sold out! I was so upset! It was months before I finally got it, my brother was able to buy it for me in California. Oh happy Day!!!!!
Love, mom

tim said...

Happened onto your blog. I am currently listening to Bionic. Obviously those who compare her to Gaga are not listening to what I am. I love both. Each has their own style. Bionic is a nice follow up to Back to Basics. I am loving it more and more. A bit more control in vocals. Which I approve of. As for artists that I buy on release day... still the one and only Madonna.