Sunday, May 23, 2010

Where have all the bloggers gone?

There's no real point to dis entry other than to be morose over the drying up of the bloggy landscape! Where there once were fruitful treez, there are now just piles of dried up kindling. Where derrrrriciouz oceanz of crisp agua once flowed, there are now only craters. Where grass sprouted from the ground like so much Rogained hair, there is now just a deserted, balding scalp. Oh woe is mah bloggy world!

Ok...cutting the melodramatic bullcrap. I know I've been MaD BuSy the past few months and I just wanted to say I'm sowwwwwy that I haven't made my gloriously golden [read as: pungently obnoxious & self-deprecating] presence felt more across this little corner of the blogosphere that Josh Is Trashy and the rest of the Puntabulous blogz call home.

My daily/weekly/monthly view counts have toilet-swirled to lowz that make me a saaaaad panda. But I know it's partially mah fault for slacking on posting/commenting (and partly the fault of the impending Summer unleashing a world of fun things for us to do away from our computadoraz, thus crane-kicking my blog counter in the throat).

I love all you bloggy readerz, and in the words of P!nk, I implore you, "Pleeeeeeease don't leave me."


(da da da da da)

17 comments:

ADAM! said...

I'll never leave you! And I always look forward to your comments at www.cockyandrude.com :)

hoteltuesday said...

Blame Facebook. Instead of communicating through Puntabulous like we all used to, now we use Facebook threads.

And the lady's feeling just like the moon that she loves.

Laura said...

DA DA DA DA DA!!!! I love P!nk and not law school and the black not Josh filled hole is has me trapped me. Wanna have a slumber party in my basement? (read as go to Rita's and belittled the passers by?)

john said...

Facebook and real life. Hey, we all get busy. You have a real job, Enrico all but disappeared toward the end of the semester, Jere has law school, and the rest of us are just busy. We're all around still if a little less commenty.

Mel said...

If you post something, I come and read it ('cause Google Reader tells me to). It's just that simple. Um, so chut uh, already.

Dave2 said...

Well, we'll always have Richard Scarry!

Tam said...

I wonèt leave you sweetie. Why the fuck is my keyboard on French and how do I fix itÉ Grrr! See, the question mark is a freaking accented E. Sigh.

Blogs do follow little ups and downs and summer keeps everyone busy.

David said...

My view counts have been in the toilet too. At least I see you plenty in the real world.

Michelle M. said...

I blame Twitter.

Ryan said...

I blame fragmenting modes of interaction and buzyness. I need to get better at replying to things in the morning so that I can join the fun rather than getting home from work and finding everyone (except Enrico of course) passed out on the floor.

Lora said...

I'm here, and I've noticed the same problem over at my blog. I keep telling myself that it's just comments that are down, not readers.

Being a terrible commenter myself, I can't blame others for not leaving them.

Right?

Lora said...

I saved this as "unread" because there must have been something I wanted to comment on, but now all I have to say is that Cream of Wheat is so delicious, that I keep it at work and snack on it!

anne marie in philly said...

I read, but don't often comment.

naughty said...

Sweetie,

What's happened for Naughty is a life away from the computer! It's been so lovely that I've had lots of trouble making myself sit at my desk. I've been checking in on you, but I haven't been as commenty. Just wait until Naughty goes for PhD work. I'll be all up in your comment section again like fleas on feral kittehs.

Westopher said...

Oh, but I have only just discovered your trashy ways!

My own blog stats went way down recently, when I took a week off for surgery. Sure, I can breathe now, but I literally have to show before-after nosejob pics to get views/comments.

I forget where I was going with this because I got distracted by bacon. But my point was something like; this is your blog so update when you want.

Jusitn said...

Enrico's right. We're all communicating on FB now. And turning FB threads into puntabuperviness.

I need to get into the habit of reading cockyandrude and someone in a tree ...

And now I find Wes has a blog as WELL as his twitter stream and his youtube channel?! Where does he find the time?!?!?! And most important of all, when is he finally going to start following me the F**** BACK on twitter?! Sheesh!!!!

I LOLed at your Batman & Robin pic, btw, Josherz. :-)

tornwordo said...

See the trick is to NOT check traffic. Sides, it's really only comments that count. Who cares about the lurkers?