Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bloggy Gift Exchange Bonanza 2009!!!


Holy fudge! After months of back 'n' forthing and emailing and postage and (forced)holiday cheer, I am ready to post the picturaz from the Bloggy Gift Exchange Bonanza 2009! I have received photos from nearly everyone, so I thought that I should post this before it gets any later and less relative. Since the post is gonna be a thousand milez long, I thought that I might as well get this hollerdaze shitshow unda way! So grab urself some spike appa' cider, scarf down a handful of stale red & green M&Mz and sit ur nalgaz down to enjoy the festive smiles below and feel all warm inside! I command you to!



John [feat. flopster earz] was under the wingz of Michelle this hollerday season!: "I got a card, a handmade gingerbread ornament she made herself!, some water color paper, water color paints and a Tori Amos CD, some candy canes and a stocking. She kicks ass!"


M. Nicodemus will be busy at the beginning on this new year wiff his reading material ("Off Armageddon Reef" by David Weber) courtesy of Ryan with the Cupcake. He also inquired about a possible Valentine's Day fiesta...who wants to plan it?!


Michelle [aka GoblinBox] had the great fortune of receiving a visit [read as: gift] from Saint Adam!: "Adam Sullins sent me ZOMBIEZ and I LOVEZ THEM! Yay!"


Apparently Craiggerz got a modeling contract for the hollerdaze this year! His gift-giver Nathan also bequethed him other stuff too!: "Argyle underwear! They're awesome. He didn't know what kind I wore so he got me briefs, boxers, and boxer briefs...It also came with a VERY sexy card which is totally NSFW so I won't share it."


Mystery man Marcus had a beautiful holiday of self-reflection teanx to Mr. Polt who sent him some reading material that could have very well fallen off of my bookshelf, "All About Me."



Yay! Jere Keys won't starve this winter tanx to GoblinBox: "A care package of veggie Mexican food from Michelle Morgan who remembered a) that I was a vegetarian and b) that on Halloween I was complaining that New York Mexican food is terrible...I still haven't had a chance to cook up the food yet, but when I do, I imagine it will be fiesta time in my boca!"


Kristen Malone is starting off this shiny new year with a bountiful box of bathtime bliss (I <3 alliteration)!! Paul was a grade-A hollerday deluxe elf! Kudoz you, now get back to the North Pole!



Mi hermana Melody got some guy I know two gifts! David [feat. Bart!] can now spend his Wednesdays reading Paul Russel's "Sea of Tranquillity" & listening to the soundtrack to The Glorious Ones instead of posting that gross Wednesday Tent Pitch! Way to go sis!


Enricoskatez couldn't have had a more fitting gift-giver...MEEE (I swurr it wasn't rigged)! E. Copterz was given a holiday crying kit to ensure many nights of reflective melancholy and poetic inspiration [feat. The Swell Season's new disc & poet/TCNJ professor extraordinaire Catie Rosemurgy's "My Favorite Apocalypse"]!


Mel received his gift from Marcus!: "The fleece throw is Virgin Mary blue, so it inspired me to put together a sacrilecious nativity scene (feat. Baby Jeebus Tuck). He also sent the scented votives and the mini Zen garden, so Buddha and Ganesh got to be the Wise Men offering them up as presents."



My bloggy godmother Tam received derrrrrricious chocolate and some glorious literature ("Julia's Chocolates" by Cathy Lamb) from Mr. Equality Pasteeeeeeeelnick!



Adam [feat. the adorable Spring] sure had a jolly hollerday!: "Kristen Klenner Malone was my secret Santa...she sent me an adorable homemade cat toy and two embroidered fancy (read: cloth) napkins. She must have cyber stalked me like crazy to find out about my obsession with garden gnomes, which I totally approve of."



Steven [aka V.U.B.O.Q.] is now equipped to continue the practice of his favorite sport: "OMG! Present from Dave S.! Martini Glass! Singing Card!...Two days later, I wake up in my bathtub wearing sparkly underwear. (Did Dave S. coat the glass with something? Hmmm)"


My dearest sister Melody's camera is sadly broken down in Busted City, but luckily her brother is a genius wiff MSPaintz! Tanx to mah brilliancy I was able to recreate her enjoying the loot she received via Chris D.! She learned all about bugz wiff the documentary (Life In the Undergrowth) she received, while chillerskating out with the music she was sent and the cute (durhzzz...it's supposed to be moi!) handmade Josh is Trashy ornament!


Nathan had M. Nicodemus as his personal Sandy Clawz this year and holy shet, check out dis bounty!: "Since I love ze letter Z ('zed') M. Nicodemus has graciously prepared a hefty cookbook and drinks book filled with lovely meal ideas that begin with the letter Z ('Zed'). Also, I received a special pumpernickel loaf of bread that was SHAPED like me! Tres cool! And I got a t-shirt too! He combined my deep love of bassoon and video games, and made me a hilarious and delightful t-shirt that I've legit been showing off to all of my friends."



Ryan with the Cupcake had the honor of being gifted by the bloggy gawd that started it all, Craiggerz! Ooooo! KenKen [aka sumfing I'm not clever enough to play] and a picture depicting the impending destruction of the Leaning Tower of Pizzas?! Jackpot!


Polt is probably the luckiest person in this entire gift exchange! As we all know, Enrico [feat. myself] has the greatest tastez of all time, so he got Polt two of the greatest pop albums of the decade, Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" and Nelly Furtado's "Loose"...huzzah!: "Me with my two CD's and book of...helpful knowledge. :)"


Chris D. is quite the luckster duckster! His gift-giver, Jere was a holly jolly genius this year!: "Jere sent me an awesome argyle sock puppet along with a gift card to Borders and a nice card."


The goddess of mah life P!nk Michelle apparently won the December lotto [read as: had Tam as her secret benefactor]!: "Lots of Canadian goodies - some did not make it into the photo because I ate them. Oink. Also, an Ottawa ornament and Tam's Canadian mix CD. I'm getting bombed on the Canadian ice wine brandy she sent."



Paul can practice that Star Trek "finger thing" that I'm not smart/patient enough to figure out wiff his new action figure...but not just that! His uber-gifted gifter, John, made a sexxxy Family Guy card! WHAAAAT?! So. Talented!



Dave S. is looking like a rawkster (wiff his rock mooo-oooo-ooovez) tanx to Mel! The knitted headband goes great wiff his rough 'n' tumbler hair and the fudge is apparently derrricious according to Dave's special-time friend, Matt!


And finally, here's mah goofy azz [feat. a disinterested Baberz] wiff the fabo giftz that V.U.B.O.Q. sent me. If you remember, it was a hat that he made and sent me back in September that sparked this whole gift exchange idea. Funny how he was also the one to get my name this time around! Anyway, he made me a gorgezzz mug and sent me two writing journalz, one of which I have already started jotting down some surefire flopz poetic breakthroughz. Lovez it!


Well there we have it ladiez and gentlegringoz! This concludez the Bloggy Gift Exchange of 2009. Oh! And mah burfday isn't until February 27th, so you have plenty of time to send me sumfing derricious & $exxxy. Tanx again to everyone for participating and making this more fun than I ever imagined. Now let's get back to gang-mugging 2010 for its lunch money.

33 comments:

Kristen Malone said...

Love seeing everyone's gifts... Side note, I did in fact majorly stalk Adam...Thats how I roll!!

hoteltuesday said...

"broken down in Busted City" HAHA! Love it.

goblinbox said...

Awesome awesome awesome! This post made me feel all community and stuff. Everybody and their gifties and pictures of them in their homes and stuff! I love how the Internet, made of packets of data, can be so, you know, heartwarming and shit.

You're a gift exchange-organizing GENIUS, Josherface!

David said...

Oh mah gawd, we totally rawk! Yay for holiday presentz!

OK, even I'm embarrassed by what I just wrote.

Nathan V said...

I for realz luv my gift. I show off that t-shirt to all my friends.

Also, I never noticed before, but damn it was hard to find argyle underwear.

Mel said...

I know you can't really tell it from the photo, but Dave S.'s headband is also argyle - said pattern being painstakingly graphed out and then double knit to make it reversible. And capable of maintaining teh warm ears during a Columbus winter (feat. OMFG, so cold!). Um, and because I was slightly artarded, it came out too freakin' huge and had to be felted down, which actually made it even thicker and warmer. 'Twas fun, but srsly, I think I'm pretty much done with double-knitting. So. Slow.

Michelle M. said...

That was fun! When are we going to do it again?
What a bunch of great, creative gifts! We are all so talented, witty and wonderful. Yay us! Thanks again for putting this together Josh : ).

vuboq said...

Fantastic! So fun to see everyone with their gifts. You have a great group of creative and generous readers, Josherz.

The argyle sock puppet made me laugh :-)

*smooches*

Craig said...

Yay! Everyone got such great gifts! I didn't realize everyone was gonna take pictures of their cards too. The one Nathan gave me was fantastic!

And is anyone else curious what Chris D is gonna do with the sock puppet?

Tam said...

That was so cool to see everyone's gifts. I didn't take a pic of my card but it was in French which made me just want to hug David even more.

Everyone got super stuff. For people who've mostly never met I'd say the selections were pretty damn fine. Great job everyone and it was super fun. Thanks Josh for doing all the hard work and keeping us organized.

Adam said...

Thanks for organizing this, Josh! It's so great to see all the gifts -- it dries my tears of taking down the christmas tree last weekend!

Polt said...

First off, Sassy josh, awesome job getting all this done!

Secondly, how cool is to see each of us with our respective gifts? oh the fun!!

And to David, if you like Sea Of Tranquility, may I recommend other Paul Russell books such as "The Coming Storm" and "Salt Point"? Those are two of my favorites of his.

And to everyone, great job guys!!!

HUGS...

john said...

AWESOME! This was so much fun! Brilliant idea Josh! Thanks for organizing this and making the post.

Mel's picture is awesome! And I think Craig's photo is going to make it on to Guys With iPhones.

Oh, and Paul's gift isn't a card, it is something he can frame and hang on the wall.

Craig: I'm curious what Chris is going to do with his puppet. I wonder if he can make it talk with other appendages.

Michelle M. said...

john, you have a dirty mind. But I was thinking the same thing. Sorry, Chris.

FunWithGrindr said...

Awesomeness!

Mel: I totally hate stocking caps -- I only wear headbands, so it's perfect! And totally warm. :) I've already put it to much use.

Dave S.

Paul said...

Such awsome gifts we all did so well.

My Mr. Spock came with an extra hand so he can hold something. and I have been able to do the finger thing since I was a kid, so about 100 years now :-P

John's 3-D Family Guy art is being framed right now and will become the center piece of my home office, I will be re-decorating around it, I am even going to build a desk (uh-oh).

David said...

Polt: I already own "The Salt Point" and "The Coming Storm." I think that somebody's v. cute younger brother did a little reconnaissance around my apartment bookshelves.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Tanx folkz! Couldn't have done it wiffout you...aka durhz.

M. Nicodemus said...

Everyone looks like they really had fun with their gift giving, I know I had a blast putting Nathan's together (glad you love it!) And I must also say that I am very excited to read the book Cupcakerz sent me 'cause I think we have very similar tastes in novels. Thanks Josh for putting this all together!

Mel: I actually don't mind double knitting, it's better than keeping track of three bajillion bobbins with intarsia, plus double warm goodness! Can't stand seed stitch though, ugh.

M. Nicodemus said...

Oh, and did I mention my gift came covered in monkey stickers? I LOVE MONKEYS! :-)

Polt said...

David: hmm, so we have simliar tastes in authors. Do you like Paul Reidinger?

HUGS...

Mel said...

Dave S.: I was all, there's no way he'll wear a toque. It'd mess up the hair. :-)

Paul said...

Yeaz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My gift is ready from the frame shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris D. said...

Great idea for the gift exchange! It seems like it worked out very well. It was a lot of fun to do.

Craig: Did you draw that tower picture yourself!?!?!? If so, wow! Your a very good artist. Also, very cute photo modeling those Argyle shorts. I would love to see you in the blue ones, featuring a VPL (Very Popular Llama).

Nathan: How did you ever find shorts that could contain the mighty Puntabuschlong?

While I have heard of Puppetry of the Penis, and have never heard of Sock Puppetry of the Penis. ;) I make ONE comment about a "toothpaste" stain on Craig's shirt and now suddenly I am the big Puntabuperve who would have his way with a sock puppet. Oh well... And his name is Guy Argyle, and what we have is a beautiful thing, and you are all just jealous! ;)

Tam said...

"...now suddenly I am the big Puntabuperve who would have his way with a sock puppet."

And we love you more for it. ;-)

hmwhat said...

I WANT TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR

Justin said...

I just have a big smile on my face from reading Josh's post and all your comments. You guys are awesome. :-)

Does everybody think there needs to be a band called "Sock Puppetry of the Penis"?

Polt said...

Justin: I think a better name for a band would be Guy Argyle And The Puntabuperves! :)

HUGS...

Melody, Destroyer of Dreams said...

I have watched the bug documentary like a thousand times. Not only do I love it, but my fiance John is also forced to watch it and he hates bugs. This keeps him in an almost constant state of awe and disgust...

Laurie said...

Wah! How did I miss out??? Am so sad beyond belief ...(sniff) but what a good idea!

I do kinda feel like I know all you guys now ...but Polt you're not nearly as creepy as I thought you were :-)

And everyone gave such thoughtful gifts ....am gonna cry again. Let me play next year pretty please?

Justin said...

Polt -- I thought about that one too. It's a tough choice. It truly is.

Polt said...

Gee, Laurie, thanks...I think...

I'm just wondering what you WERE thinking, and what exactly changed your mind. :)

HUGS...

Laurie said...

Sorry Polt I know that was a bit of an a**-backward comment. But I was kinda thinking Polt=Herbert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z91UjBV8gx8

But now I see you're an incredibly sweet, good looking, young, very hip Herbert! Totally sans Herbert's creepiness which you DO need to work on :-)

PS--I love Herbert

Hugs Polt ...