Sunday, January 31, 2010

And the winnerz are...


So all weekend I've been playing Taylor Swift's Fearless on repeat for good luck, hoping that grrrlfriend is able to score the Grammy for Album of the Year during the awards ceremony tonight. I posted about the award nominations a month or so ago and I know a lot of peepz are utterly indifferent to the Grammys, but whatevz...they're important to me, so chut uh.

Sadly, I won't be able to enjoy the show since I a) don't have TV; and b) am werking Sunday night. But you know I'ma be YouTubing the shiz out of it once I get home. As everyone (should) know, the Grammys are pretty much going to be the boxing ring for the three biggest female stars of the year to face-off. Rhonetta, Steven the Beautiful and Victoria Beyoncerz, Lady GaGogglez and T. Swift were the handz down pop queenz of the year and I've been praying like...wo! that Taylor will school those other desperate, pretentious fame-whoring glamor slutz on how to be a genuine and talented musical goddess worthy of my hard-earned dinero.

Along wiff Miz Taylor, I'm also sending wavy good luck vibes towards P!nk (who's performing "Glitter In the Air"!), Katy Perry, MGMT, Paramore, Kelly Clarkson, this guy (performing!), this band (performing!) & Death Cab For Cutie who are all also nominated!

I actually found sumfing semi-entertaining on Perez Hilton last night (I know, who woulda thought?) and it made me laugh cuz it's an accurate depiction and a prediction that I would LURRRVE to see come to troofz...



Let's all keep our fingers, toes and pretty wings crossed that the folkz that I like win! Make sure you watch the show for me tonight @ 8 on CBS!


8 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

I actually love Beyonce's latest CD, but I still want T. Swift to win everything! And I want Kelly and P!nk to walk away with something as well, obviously.

I liked that vid! La Coacha is funny.

Jake said...

I am SOOO excited por la Grammy's tonight. I just can't decide between our 3 ladies, i love them all!

Dave2 said...

You kids today with your loud music and your Dan Fogelberg, your Zima, hula hoops and Pac-Man video games... where's the nomination for Ethel Merman? That's what I want to know!

Polt said...

Dave2, I'm with you dude. I gave up on the Grammys when they gave the Best Heavy Metal thing to Jethro Tull!!! None of the music I like is ever nominated anyway, so why watch it?

But, Sassy josh, what's with all the khating?

HUGS...

RYAN said...

I won't be able to watch it either but I hope GaGa sweeps her categories!

Mel said...

Count me among the indifferent. Now if they had a Gillian Welch-Dolly Parton duet performance, it'd be a different story.

Tam said...

I watched, only for the clothes. They seemed more classy than some Grammy's, except for GaGa but that goes without saying. Taylor looked adorable and P!nk had a pretty amazing performance and I was so disappointed that Elton John felt the need to do the stupid make-up thing with GaGa. Ugh.

And it was funny during the red carpet David Guetta says "My song Sexy Chick ..." and I'm like WTF song is that? OHHHHHHH right, this is America, in Canada we use it's proper name, Sexy Bitch. *eye roll*

I thought Lea Michele looked gorgeous. Best I've seen her at any awards show this season. Loved her dress.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Enrico: There wasn't a single person I know more fitting for me to watch da Grammyz wiff. Tanx for letting me crash on your couch for the 439 hours that the show was on for!

Jake: Are you happy?! Each of them won multiple awardz!

Dave2: What IS Zima, BTDubz?! It soundz derrrrriciouz!

Polt: Sooooo?! Experience new music! There is soOoOoOoOo much out there!

Ryan: She didn't.

Mel: I tink Dolly Parton is as absolutely cute as a thousand little kittenz!

Tam: I am so proud of P!nk! It's annoying that she constantly puts on these amazing performances yet never gets the respect she deserves! America is st00pid. And I thought Gaga's performance was mad lackluster and boring. Hey GaGogglez, Eminem already pimped out the whole "duet wiff Elton John in an attempt to give yourself more musical credibility" shtick prox 10 yearz ago!