Sunday, December 20, 2009

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy


In an attempt to prove that I'm not a completely calloused bitch and to pay my respects to an actress that I enjoyed, I thought that I would dedicate a quick little entry to the recently departed Brittany Murphy.

Sadly, grrrl passed away this morning due to cardiac arrest. I saw Girl, Interrupted a million yearz ago [aka when it first came out back in 2000] and I thought she was rather brillz, from what I remember. I also saw Sin City which I was surprised to really like. Oh! And since mi padre is a rather dedicated Eminem fan, mi familia y yo went to see 8 Mile together when it came out. Even though it was mildly violent and included an uncomfortably lengthy sex scene between Murphy and Em, it's still a fond memory for me.

It's really a shame that this happened, especially before the holidays and I really hope (though sadly think they are) that drugs aren't related to her death. Don't do crack or cocaine or heroin or any of that garbage. Who knows what it's laced with and it's proven to be for def def defferz terrible for your body!

Now I'ma leave you with Murphy's music video for her #1 dance single [feat. Paul Oakenfold], "Faster Kill Pussycat. Rest in peace Brittany. Tell Aaliyah I say "hi."

12 comments:

john said...

I actually suspect she may have had an eating disorder that may have damaged her heart. It's really sad, mostly because she was so young.

goblinbox said...

She's far too young to have died. I liked her. I'm sad.

hoteltuesday said...

Wow. I was going to do a blog post, and I was going to include this song and say how it was #1 dance hit to prove that I know some random pop culture knowledge. And you beat me to it all.

I'm really saddened by basically all celeb deaths (though I think Anna Nicole was the worst--so tragic) but this makes me especially sad. I loved Girl, Interrupted and her scenes were some of the best. And Riding in Cars with Boys feat. Drew Barrymore is one of my favorite movies and she played the kind of slutty girl (my fave!). So sad.

Tam said...

She was a very beautiful girl. I had heard rumours of drug use years ago, but who knows what the real story was. How awful for her family and friends.

Ray Avito said...

WHAT?!...Will I be able to watch "Clueless" again the same way? This is not good.

Ray Avito said...

I cannot take it when people pass away that young. This is really upsetting.

Michelle M. said...

I loved her in Clueless. And her, "I'll never tell" in Don't Say a Word was chilling. What a shame.

Craig said...

So sad. I really liked her. I thought she made an awesome supporting character. And I love Riding in Cars with Boys!

callonmevalerie said...

The first thing I thought after I heard (besides "that was way harsh, Tai") was that I wanted to watch this video. How did you know, and were kind enough to put it on your blog for me so that I wouldn't have to search YouTube?

Dave2 said...

And here I thought I was the only one who remembered "Faster Kill Pussycat!" Rest in peace, Luanne. :-(

David said...

I had no idea she did a pop song.

I mostly know her for her supporting role in he Tony Award winning revival of A View from a Bridge that starred Anthony LaPaglia and Allison Janney back in 1997. I think she received a Tony nom for her role as Catherine.

Very sad.

madtexter (corey james) said...

Her death rattled me a bit. I was born before her, and still live after her. Life is too short, and tomorrow is not promised.

What's even more weird, is that I watch Saturday Night Live for the first time in months a few weeks ago, and they did a skit about her. When that stuff happens to me, something inevitably happens in real life.

I need to be more in tune with things.