Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Busy Fingaz


Last week, a friend/co-worker of mine named Sara posted sumfing quite innnnnneresting on mah FBook wall. Sara & I for usualz work suffer through the Sunday brunch shift togetha @ da restaurant and keep each other sane by picking a handful of rando pop songz to sing to each otha throughout the shift. When all of our tablez finally get the hint that we don't want them there and peace out, we turn off the borrring azz acoustic bullshit coffee house radio station and turn up the top 40 pop on the Sirius satellite radio. Then as we clean up, we dance around and sing loudly and ignore the screamz in the back as the kitchen staff threatenz us wiff pain if we don't chut uh.

Now you might be wondering, "What the shit does dis have to do wiff the sign language you have up above?" Well, fuck off and let me esssssplain! Last week, Sara and I did a particularly upsetting beautiful duet of Miley "Stripper Pole" Cyrus' "Party In the U.S.A." That following Tuesday, I check mah Facebook to see dat my dearest Sara had posted a video on my wall as an homage to our fantastico Sunday sing-along. Just watch and fall in lurrrve:



WHAAAAAAAAT?! Why didn't I major in sign language in college?! This is for def def defferz one of da coolest tingz I've seen in prox forevz and I totally jellerz of this cutie smartypantz (his name is Stephen Torrence) & his ability to make pop muzak even more fun that it already is. It is mah life's game to learn this entire routine and then fail to impress mah friends when I drunkenly butcher it @ a whore party. DREEEEAMZ! Mah favo parts are his expressive facial emotingz (look how excited he is for a Britney song to be on!) and the sign for the lyric "movin' mah hipz like yeah!" ADORABLE!

Well, I did some research [aka looked about YouTube for three minutez] and found that there are quite a few peepz that do this ASL "singing." I find it absolutely fascinating and am dead serial when I say that part of me wantz to learn my azz some sign language so I can mooch off of these other peepz' idea and post videos of me doing the exact same thing!

Check the videos below to see two other cool katz take on sexxxy pop jamz and succeed wiff flyin' colors. The guy in the first vid (Jeremy Neiderer) is enthusiastically dancin' along to "Waking Up In Vegas" by Katy Perry, while the video under that is of some hot piece (Michael DiMartino) doing Britney Spears' "Womanizer" [feat. scene changez and a naked torso]. Enjoy! I expect a copy of Sign Language for Dummies to be waiting in mah mailbox for me some time later this week so I too can communicate wiff those who are stricken con deafness make cheesetastico videoz and post them online!






24 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

Good jerb posting videos that were featured on Polt's Palace like 28 years ago.
Now this kid needs to do a video for T. Swift and P!nk!

Polt said...

Ah, but Enrickryricardo, you can NEVER post Mchottie McHothott's Womanizer video too many times! Nor can you watch it too many time. Mesmerizing, I say.

HUGS...

john said...

Enrococo beat me to the punch, I was going to say Polt already posted some hot piece doing this on the Palace, but that's ok, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I actually used to know quite a bit of ASL. I can still finger spell and remember a few signs, but not as much as I did in high school and early college. I don't have much use for it now, so I'm out of practice.

that's J-O-S-H said...

oh...so wait. Did polt post one the videos already? Not entirely sure... X|

that's J-O-S-H said...

arg! Why didn't it post the rest of mah comment?! Sometimes blog commenting on mi telefono [NOT feat. Beyonce] is utterly anti-possible. Anywayzzz...

E. Copterz: you best believe i searched for p!nk right outta da chute. But all i found were lame, emotionless dumboz ruining "please don't leave me."

Polt: i can only imagine how many timez you've watched the "womanizer" video. Bad polt! Baaaaaaad! ::swatz wiff newspaper::

John: you MUST teach me all the signz for missy elliott's "work it" & taylor swift's "you belong with me" so i can do asl car karaoke [aka guaranteed death wish].

Polt said...

Mezzzzzzzzzzzzzmerzing, I say.......

HUGS...

Tam said...

Stephen is adorable. As is the womanzier boy. Not so keen on the Vegas guy.

To me it's just random hand gibberish, I think learning to read ASL would be harder than learning to speak it because pros move their hands so damn fast.

Good luck with your second career as a hottie for the deaf.

Jere Keys said...

The Womanizer hottie is Michael DiMartino and I've been subscribed to both his video channels for months. He's got a whole series of Britney and Lady Gaga songs.

Craig said...

I may or may not have been slightly obsessed with the Womanizer video when Polt posted it. This is like waving alcohol in front of the face of a a recovering alcoholic. I must resist the urge to become obsessed again. But on the other hand... soooo cute.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Am I the only persona that tinkz the "Party In the U.S.A." guy is the cutest?! Look @ his smile! He's soooooo cute when he's hopping off planes @ LAX!

john said...

Craig: Oh you are totally hooked again, we know it.

Josh: I have to say, I've been laughing my head off all day when I see him "movin' his hips like yeah" and the expression he has when the Brittney song is awn. Oh, and at the end for the final USA!

Unfortunately, I can't teach you, I haven't signed in about 20 years and most of my vocabulary was house hold related and simple 2-4 word sentences.

Michelle M. said...

I watched with the sound off to get the whole experience. The first guy's cute, but I like the outfits in "Womanizer" better : ).

Glee recently aired an episode signing to "Imagine".

Dave2 said...

I studied sign language off-and-on for a couple years, but was dismayed to find that people who are actually fluent in ASL "speak" another language entirely. They abbreviate everything and have slang shortcuts that are incomprehensible to me and impossible to keep up with unless you are actively involved in a community "speaking" ever-evolving ASL.

Still, anything I learned was easily understood, so there's a certain satisfaction in knowing that it's available in an emergency.

Assuming I can remember any of it...

Ryan said...

I just noticed that the Party in the USA video has captions with lyrics and an ASL translation of what he is actually saying. So cool.

josh: The enthusiasm he brings to the song puts him over the top in cuteness.

Polt said...

Mezzzzzzmerizzzzzing.......

Tam said...

No, he was the cutest Josh, not the sexiest, but on the cuteness scale he rates very highly.

Justin said...

Adorable :-).

And I think "Hottie for the Deaf" would look great on ANY resume :-)

Hilly said...

Erm, this ASL stuff is pretty freaking cool. Thanks and stuff.

Also, I was all "woowoo, look at me discovering someone new" and I see Dave2 (who is one of my BFFs) is already here. Curses! ;0

that's J-O-S-H said...

Michelle: I hate the one outfit that made no sense...aka the one where he is wearing a zipper sweatshirt open...with no shirt underneath? Oh, to show off his nakerz torso. Classy.

Dave2: I expect your own pop muzak ASL videos to be up shortly. Do K. Clarkson's "Miss Independent" first please!

Ryan: Right?! I loved reading how he interrpreted the lyrix into ASL! Especially "No one inform me" for "Guess I never got the memo."

Polt: ::swat swat::

Justin: The absence of that qualification is probz why I just can't seem to land a full time position anywhere.

Hilly: Welcome aboard! You'll be sure to laugh a lot and learn absolutely nuffin' important from me!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Tam: I'd go for "cute" over "hot" any day of the week.

Anonymous said...

ok i had to post anonymous bc i dont have an account (its me sara..duh)but anywayyyy...
I am so happy to see i made it in your blog!
1 of my life long dreams(get in josh p's blog) checkk

Chris D. said...

I love Stephen's facial expressions and smiles. I have a huge weakness for smiles! Remembering my last favorite smile... Ah... :)

goblinbox said...

I had actually managed to completely avoid that Miley song but I just had to see the cute signer boy, so now, because of you, I've heard it.

I did good, though, it's been on the chartz forEVah and I managed to avoid it entirely until today. Probably a record, really.

Sven said...

I can totally sign. You're right: it is cool.