Monday, November 9, 2009

My Monday Muse

the 'Rejected' Cartoon
Back in high school, I was in a rock band. I played the bass guitar/keyboardz and my childhood best friend Brian played regular guitar. Wellz, our group [named Big American Party] recorded an album. Since Brian was/is an expert in the wayz of music recording/production and had all these fancy machines we'd play our instruments into, I'd often go over to his house after work/school and stay there till one en la mañana recording my parts for our songs.

Well, on our breakz when we grew tired of being brave recording heavenly auditory melodies and beatz, we'd fart about the interwebz and laugh ourselvez stupid over the dopey crap we'd find.

One night, Brian blessed mah life with the following video. It's a collection of silly little animationz that are bizarre and disturbing [aka my favo two adjectivoz]. Please enjoy [read as: you have to cuz this was an Oscar-nominee and if you don't enjoy it, then I will believe you have 0% taste]:



My favorite partz:

1:04: Why does the banana feat. vacuum cleaner soundz?

1:47: The cause of airborne swine flu.

2:18: One of these things is not like the other! Ostracize him! Beat his nalgaz!

3:39: Yay! Just like The Fourth Kind [aka sumfing I'm majorly hard for]!

4:28: The source of the infamous "infant cry" in Aaliyah's "Are You That Somebody?" (feat. Timbaland). Why is the baby named "Poopy?" Even as a nickname...NOT NORMAL!

5:43: Mr. McMarsh'N'Mallow needz to get his sloppy azz some Chipotlaway! Or at least shove three ShamWowz down his trouserz while Jill givez him a tutorial on proper sanitary pad disposal: fold it ova, wrap it up and put it in the nearest wastebasket...scary that I didn't even need to reference the video to recite that?

7:14: The cartoons all get dragged to hell via apocalypse. Yay! 2012!


16 comments:

dcm said...

"Now with more sodium!" "SWEET JESUS!" made me ::gigglesnort::

I was expecting a Bjork video for the Monday Muse, but alas...

hoteltuesday said...

If Poopy gets cold and it needs a blanket, it's alright, cause I have it. And if Poopy needs clothes, it's cool. I have tons of them. And if Poopy loses their pacifier, I have three more.

that's J-O-S-H said...

DCM: Björk isn't just a MONDAY muse...she's mah VIDA muse!

E. Copterz: I have everyting Poopy will need [aka huge stuffed frog and a plethora of assorted broken trash].

Milo said...

I love Bjork!

Tam said...

"I live in a giant bucket" made me laugh. Those are funny. I loved the effects at the end during the apocalypse with the wrinkly paper.

Brian said...

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh -- BEST. VIDEO. EVAR!!

Nathan V said...

True story: I made a rejected cartoons reference to my cousin, who is just one year younger than me, and she didn't get it at all. I somehow restrained myself for going apeshit, and dragged her to the nearest computer and forced her to watch them yesterday. I haven't thought about these cartoons in years, and all of the sudden everyone is thinking the same thing. This is just like what happened to newton and leibniz and calculus.

Michelle M. said...

Poopy falling down the stairs was hilarious. And the anal bleeder was so cute! But "I am a consumer whore." "And how." was my favorite.

Mel said...

Bizarre and disturbing, eh? I assume you've seen the Salad Fingers series?

Mel said...

Oh, and I love the way the little cloud thingies are wavin' their hands in the air like they just don't care.

Ray Avito said...

Why oh why won't my internet let me play this video? (One hopes it posts this comment) I will have to try again during whatever time my computer is not in-a-Susie-way...

Jere Keys said...

The cartoon apocalypse was EPIC.

What's with all the randon Bjork love all over the intertubes today?

Sven said...

"I'm feeling fat. And sassy" made me choke on my pasta, but "SWEET JESUS" made me bring it all back up and saved my life.

Best. YouTube. Ever.

Ray Avito said...

Very very snazzy video! They all got sucked into a "Super Massive Black Hole." I am the Queen of France...

Bass guitar is my brother's plaything also.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Milo: She lovez you too. She told me cuz I'm her bestie!

Nathan: Weird! I have no idea what made me tink of this video...but that's kind of the magic of mah Monday Musez.

Michelle: I totez wanted to hug those cottonball fluffmen [pre-analstew].

Mel: Oh yes I lurrrve me some Salad Fingaz. I was tinking about making him a Monday Muse at some point...but I thought that evrrrbody has already seen him. MARJORIE STEWART BAXTER!

Jere: Bjork love is never "random." It is alwayz well-deserved and expected.

Sven: If I was morbidly obese, I would say that line repeatedly everyday. Then I'd pop mah eye out and tomato-sauce everyting in sight.

Ray: Bass guitar = completely underrated.

bingo girl said...

I was entertained by the last part. Very creative with the animation.