Saturday, July 25, 2009

You better go and get your (ear) armor.

I live in a world of delusionz. I know it's true and I have grown to accept embarrassing realization that I spend most of my dayz doing one of two tings: a) coming up with ideaz for mah blog; or b) daydreaming about my future fame [fingaz crossed]. Such daydreams often will revolve around me doing a number of tingz to achieve nationwide recognition. Some of my favo fantasiez are: 1. I'm a recognized and critically praised poet who combines the emotions and passion of classical poetry with the form and structure of cutting edge contemporary work, thus impressing the traditionalistz while also drawing in a younger and less-expected crowd to the poetry world; 2. I win the Best Supporting Actor Oscar at the Academy Awardz for a movie about a male prostitute and the close yet volatile relationship he has with a client-turned-lover who is a closeted business man...oh! that I wrote the screenplay for; or 3. I'm a talented underdog on a season of American Idol where I receive kudoz for being mahself and taking chances with my song choices (a blog entry will be coming in the future highlighting what my repertoire will be, cuz you know I have it all planned out)

And what better way to practice for this dream than to sing my bunghole off while driving?! Since I've decided to stop giving shetz about what people tink, I thought it would be a funny idea to record mahself while I was driving home from Princeton yesterday. Here I am singing two songz and pretending I'm a diva [see: my sassy hand shimmies]. Sorry in advance.

PS, please note how I am totez not paying attention to the road. I'm smarterz!



Patsy Cline - "Walkin' After Midnight"




Jordin Sparks PorkSauce - "Battlefield"




Simon, Randy & Kara would hate me. Paula would seal-clap...a lot.

20 comments:

Ryan said...

Awesome. Now, I want to go karaoke driving, too.

vuboq said...

little pitchy, dawg. But, VUBOQ is totally seal-clapping 'til his hands hurt. srsly.

*smooches*

Milo said...

Love it! Great singing and great vids!

john said...

Your voice is deeper than I expected. You're fame waiting to happen...

Nathan V. said...

HAHA! I love the rolls. The first one is better vocally, but the second one has some fun embellishments and some enjoyable dancing. Actually, the tuning in the first one was pretty good, really.

That was fun. I want to meet you! Enricocopterz makes me jealous with visiting you and stuff!

Oh well. My Patsy Cline favourite is Crazy. Of course.

Chris D. said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that. You are actually a pretty good singer. You should make this a regular feature and post more songs. :)

I have been planning to try singing. I got a multi-track recorder and want to do something fancy eventually. I haven't yet worked up the nerve to get started in a formal way. However, I have started singing invented songs lines to my iPhone recently. When ever I get a musical idea, usually in the shower, I capture it on my iPhone as soon as I can. It has been fun!

hoteltuesday said...

Know what would make these songs even better?? Me singing every other line! duh.
Can't wait until we're famous!
(P.S. Stop encroaching on my future blog ideas, thanks).

David from Brazil said...

Josh, you're cuter than a cute button, but don't quit your day job. :)

M. Nicodemus said...

I was feeling you dawg, it was aight. Oh, what am I saying? I sing so badly that I am not allowed to sing to my own kids for fear they will become tone-deaf. True story.

I am with John, you have a much deeper voice than I expected.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Ryan: That's one of my most favorite tings ever and I know I am gonna miss it to death if/when I move to Nueva Nueva.

VUBOQ: A seal clap (and a smooch?!) from you is like finding a treasure chest of gold!

Milo: Tanx! And I'm glad you are feeling better!

John: I am fame waiting to happen?! Best. Compliment. Eva.

Nathan: Don't be jellerz! Enricoz & I went to college together, thus why we saw each other a bunch. Tank u berry much for the complimentz!

Chris: You must somehow upload those recordingz online! It's not about sounding perfect...just about having fun!

E.Copterz: I wish you were constantly with me when I was singing so we could record an entire album of awesome duetz (feat. better than the originalz) (the Texting Enrico Craig David Lyrix While I'm @ a Gay Bar Mega Mix).

David: My day job is serving people goat cheese tartz and risotto. If that's all my life will amount to, then I might as well throw in every towel I gotz now.

Nico: When I have children I will constantly barrage them with singing and thus force them to compete in real life sing-offz against each other. The winner getz my love and affection. The loser gets exiled to a tent in the backyard for a day. Hoorayz for damaging those closest to me!

David said...

We are totally going to do karaoke together some time, or I will drag you to a piano bar. I would seal-clap, too.

Jordan said...

love it, would be dead without it.

Polt said...

Dont know the second song, so i didn't listen to it. First one, though, not bad.

If I saw you walking after midnight, I'd totally stop and give you a ride, just cause you're THAT sassy!

HUGS...

Jere Keys said...

I wish I'd thought to buy batteries for my camera before I started driving - I could have recorded a bunch of video responses. Now I'll have to do it on the subway and people will stare at me like I'm loco.

that's J-O-S-H said...

David: I'd love to embarrass mahself in public with you!

Polt: I have a sassy strut I do to that song as well. I've practiced it in front of the mirror...waaaaay too many timez.

Jere: We can do it together! I work in Nueva Nueva three days a week!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes!!!! You know how much I loooove this (so much so that I put it on my facebook info.), singing in the car is one of my biggest stress relievers. I totally fantasize about singing on stage...when singing to Phantom of the Opera (my fav CD to sing to) I'm Christine! Got it? I'm the star and the upcoming new starlet, me and only me! Give me a car, a song to belt and somewhere to go and I'm a happy woman! It must run in the family!!
-Cindy

Christina said...

*barbie* CHRISTINNNNEEEE CHRISTINNNNNNEE


nothing to do with your entry really, but i miss phantom

and you

and phantom

Christina said...

also: BUTTERFIELD

Michelle M. said...

My comment didn't show up. Basically it went on about how cute/talented/fun you are. I'm not going to type it all over again because I am lazy.

Melody, Destroyer of Dreams said...

oh man I miss playing Phantom of the Opera barbies. I always made Josh use the ken doll that had the faulty head.