Sunday, July 12, 2009

Can we all just get alongz?!

One of my fav tingz in the entire mundo is to make music mixes. Be it a Sleepy Time mix, Birthday Bonanza mix, You Should Listen to this Music Cuz It's Better Than What You are Currently Listening To mix, or my 4,276th Driving mix, I am constantly making these musical collagez for mahself and my friendz. So obviously I need to have a constant stock of blank discos compactoz. Well, I went to Best Buy to but the new dredg CD (which they didn't have! Dumb choloz...) and while I was there, I picked up a circular and saw that a pack of like 50 blank Memorex CDs were available for like 5 buckz or something. So durh I bought them and took dem home and popped one into my beautiful VGN-CS110E Sony Laptop to no reaction. I tried prox 10 discs and none of them registered with my computer. Eventually a few worked, but I was researching online that some blank discz and computerz just aren't very compatible togethz. What?! Just fucking work, please. So now I have a bunch of blank CDs that don't work for me. Anyone want them? Or should I just start pelting little kidz with them. Frisbee! DIE! Ouch!



10 comments:

Polt said...

I once saw a drag queen wearing an ensemble of a plain white short dress with CD's hung all over it. Looked like scales. She was even wearing CD earrings and had her in a ponytail thrust through a CD.

There could be a career change in your future, punkin. Just tryin' to help...

HUGS...

Jere Keys said...

I say, turn them into an art project. Or use them as Project Runway props.

That has happened to me before. It always makes me mad because I can never remember which brand of cheap CDs is incompatible with my computer and I don't use CDs for music anymore - unless I'm copying songs for friends - so I don't buy them often enough to remember.

john said...

I've had that happen to me too with my Macbook. It is very annoying.

I make mixes for myself all the time including "Songs for Stupor", "Angry Young Man" and "Work That Backyard".

I think we may need to set up a muzic exchange...

Chris D. said...

That is too bad. :( It amazes me that these sort of issues still exist. CDRs have been around for ages. Was the listed speed range right for your burner?

Chris D. said...

I forgot to mention that I love the illustration. :)

Michelle M. said...

Shiny coasters?

I also like your illustration. Very cute.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Polt: I've only dressed in drag once in mah life. Though a compact disc dress would do wonderz for my figure, I tink I am happerz being a chico.

Jere: I'm just glad that they were cheap enough for me to not feel too guilty about buying them. If it was more than $10 I would have bug-a-booed.

John: I'm serial all about music x-change! If you want, we can swap addressez and send each other some derricious mixez!

Chris: I don't know how to figure that out! Help me!

Michelle: I don't have that many cupz to take up all the shitty CDs!

Tam said...

Well, my daughter used them for crazy hair day but your hair may be too short. She made pony tails all over her head and pulled them through the centre. Looked very cool. However not all that useful on a day to day basis. You can't return them huh? I'd be tempted to go back to the store and make a big stink demanding a refund. Well, if I wasn't so lazy.

David said...

Genius illustration.

hoteltuesday said...

I wish my computer took ANY CDs/DVDs :(
When fruit punch met my Macbook, the CD drive broke.