Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You think you're hot shit, but you're really just cold diarrhea.

Just came back from the casa de mis padres. I watched Milk with my mom and for the love of Jeebuz...I really should not be allowed to watch it. All of the hot Sean Penn & James Franco kisses and flirtz in the world couldn't make the movie any less devastating by the end. I think it's the somber ending of the film and the whole broken-hearted gay thing that has thrown my mind into emotional overload. I had already seen the film once, but second time around is even more draining.

In other movie news, I was on Netflix overload this weekend. I watched three films directed by Todd Solondz, starting with Happiness. Considering the title of the film and how the plot revolves around such cheery topics as murder, suicide, pedophilia, rape, dismemberment and disturbed ejaculation, the movie was a mother effing roller coaster. And since I'm a twisted son of a skank, I LOVEZ IT!

Well I then researched other films by this dude and found the supposed cult-classic that apparently everyone has seen already, Welcome to the Dollhouse. Twas also quite subtlely disturbed and I had an instant connection to the lead character. I dunno...there is something about disgruntled and unflinchingly apathetic teen girls [see Dawn, Daria and that weird bitch from Ghost World] that I am instantly drawn to. Maybe it's their majorly malfunctioning attitudes, their social ineptitude, dry wit...or maybe I'm just a pervert. It's probably the latter.

I then watched the sequel, Palindromes that I really liked as well, though it was fucking bizarre and much more sporadically chaotic and jumpy than the first film. I for supa serial necesito watch more movies directed by this guy. They all seem mad cracked, but he for totez is completely unapologetic...like, you either like the films or you don't, and that's that. He isn't trying to please everyone and I think it takes a lot of guts to be that fearless, especially when creating something as dedicated as a full-length feature film.

Well...this entry has no point that I can remember. I think I started writing this for some reason, but now I forgot. So deal.


[ps, I promz that I will escribir in this blog more often. I know I've become a lazy little gringo.]

[pps, you can watch all of Welcome to the Dollhouse on YouTube apparently! Do it and then tell me that I'm right and that it is awesome.]


3 comments:

Bill TrĂ¼b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hoteltuesday said...

You hadn't seen Welcome to the Dollhouse before?!?!? Best movie. My sister and I used to watch that together. It's hysterical.
And the best part about it is that Danity Kane borrowed the title for their last CD. "Damaged" was an ode to Dawn Wiener.

that's J-O-S-H said...

i see a lot in common between Audrey O'Day and Dawn...