Friday, April 17, 2009

I hope I hold a special place with the rest of them.

Back when I was a little turd-festival during the spring of 2000, I remember receiving No Doubt's fantastic though grossly overlooked album Return of Saturn for E-Stir [yeah, my family exchanged CDs for the bunny holiday]. The whole disc is fabz but I remember being particularly attached to the raw emotion and blatant irritation of the brilliant single "Ex-Girlfriend". Now, since this was when I was a little pre-sexed awkward tween, I didn't necessarily understand the full angst of what Ms. Stefani was singing about, but now being a much older, wiser, sexed-over and jaded gentleman, I have a newly found appreciation for it.


And the video is EPIC. Gwen looks like a cyberpunk robot-alien hybrid rocking a gross pink weave. Tony Kanal is hot with his bass, I'mafuckyou eyez & 10-inch penis. The drummer looks like a hairless version of that Muppet drummer Animal. Gwen makes some pretty deformed faces thoughout the whole ordeal [see above] and throws both her ex and herself out of a bathroom window on the 205th floor of some building [something I've wanted to do many times before]. There's also some fighting, crazy lighting, concert shots and a fake mustache. Lovez it!





We keep repeating mistakes for souvenirs
and we've been in between these days for years.
And I know that when I see you, I'm going to die.
I know I'm going to want you and you know why.
It's going to kill me to see you with the next girl boy,
'cuz I'm the most gorgeously jealous kind of ex-girl ex-boy.
But I should have thought of that before we kissed.



No comments: